My favorite product recommendations

My favorite product recommendations

Diaper cream DIY

Here's my favorite diaper cream DIY recipe I've used for a fair amount of time now with great success.

It really does wonders to soothe my baby's butt cheeks when he gets those inevitable diaper rash episodes that are so painful and terrible to even look at.

Why do I prefer making my own cream vs generic store-bought diaper creams?

Simply because they are often filled with artificial ingredients, synthetic fragrances, and a bunch of hard to pronounce additives.

What I want for my baby's fragile skin is the most natural diaper cream I can find, period.

Of course, there are some natural diaper creams and lotions that are now on the market, but it's often pretty expensive.

So, making my own diaper rash cream has some great advantages.

It's cheaper and I control everything I put into it!

This DIY diaper cream recipe only uses natural ingredients like shea butter (anti-fungal), calendula oil (anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-microbial) and coconut oil (anti-bacterial) which deeply moisturizes the skin and helps heal the worst irritations.

Scroll down past the image below and I'll share the full recipe with you.


To make this diaper cream DIY recipe you'll need:

- 2 tbsp cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 3/4 tsp calendula oil
- 1/4 tsp vitamin e oil
- 3 tbsp zinc oxide
- salve jar

Preparation:

- Pour in the oils and the butters in a heat resistant container
- Put that container in a bigger pan containing a couple inches of water
- Slowly heat the water (medium-low heat) until everything in the container is fully melted 
- Stir occasionally during the process
- Add vitamin e oil and stir again to mix well with the rest of the ingredients
- Add the zinc oxide one spoonful at a time while stirring and until it thickens
- Pour the hot mix in the salve jars or containers you want to store it in
- Let it rest in the refrigerator until it is completely cooled off and then add the lids on
- Get it out of the refrigerator and store it at room temperature
- Enjoy the benefits of your fresh batch of natural homemade diaper cream

Alternative when I lack time to make my own:

This ready-made 100% natural diaper rash cream by Auntee B Naturals that will also do wonders to your baby's butt cheeks and contains no harmful chemicals!

Post a Comment

0 Comments